As you might have guessed by the name of this summer's Vacation Bible School (VBS), Maker Fun Factory, our theme is all about creativity. From making their own silly snacks to building whacky inventions, the kids' ingenuity will be put to the test! In order to make this aspect of the camp successful, however, we need your help. Would please consider the following:
We're looking to collect these items:
- Electronics, small appliances, and other gizmos that the kids can take apart to build their own creations--or just to see how they work! Loaned tools and fasteners would also be helpful.
- Wood scraps, hardware, and tools (which we would return to you after camp) for building small wood projects.
- Cardboard toilet paper and paper towel rolls--as many as you can save for us!
- Any kid-safe adhesives (e.g. tape, glue), fasteners, string, or wire--used or partially used up--that you are willing to part with.
We will be building a fun, theme-based set on the sanctuary stage, and could use the following:
- Fan blades
- Gears and belts
- Fun lights and lamps
- Chicken wire
- Large springs, pistons, or other machinery parts
If you think you'd like to help the kids build stuff at our Imagination Station, help build the set, or help in any other way (e.g. making snacks, helping with set up take down, or being a crew leader), please contact the church office--we'd be glad to have you on board!