You may be familiar with the sad news that our Board has made the decision not to run VBS/Kids Camp next week.
However, our doors remain open. The plan, at present, is to proceed very carefully with tomorrow’s worship service both on-site as well as via interactive video conferencing (Zoom).
1. Doors will be left propped open wherever possible; ushers and greeters will help by opening doors for people.
2. Hand sanitizer will be placed in key areas (foyer, bathrooms, nursery, classrooms). We ask that it's used responsibly and kids are monitored when dispensing.
3. We will not be shaking hands, hugging, or giving high-fives. This will be awkward, but it’s the way we are taking.
4. The offering plate will not be passed; instead, we will use the offering boxes (one at the back on the wall; the other down by the platform.
5. Spreading out: please leave at least an "Arm's Length" between households.
We ask you to join via video conferencing and not on-site if the following applies to you:
-60 years or older
-Sick or have been around others who are immuno-compromised
-Restricted by your employer (e.g. not permitted to meet with groups over 25 people)
-Prefer to refrain from physically gathering for whatever other reason (no judgment here)
We realize that some folks are less equipped and fond of using the internet for social/spiritual purposes; however, please consider trying this before deciding not to join our service at all. We are better together and want to continue to Bless the Lord, Bless the Church, and Bless the World through this difficult time.
Rather than doing a one-way live stream, we believe we can foster an interactive and engaging online option. It may not be smooth or polished, but it will hopefully be strengthening for one another.
From your smartphone or computer, join into the service tomorrow anytime after 9:45am by clicking here: https://zoom.us/j/329603184
Or, dial using your phone: +1 778 907 2071 and enter Meeting ID: 329 603 184#
If you have never used Zoom before, this video may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhAEoCF7jg
Thank you very much for considering how you might join us tomorrow in Jesus’ Name.
For today’s bread, hear these words from 1 Peter 5:5-11:
“All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.’ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.”
Sincerely, Pastor Sandy